Artistic leaves for shade or sun, coleus bring amazing color combinations, leaf textures and patterns to any garden. All this, plus they are easy to grow!
- Most Coleus grow in sun provided there is some shade in the hottest part of the day. Some varieties, such as Henna, have totally different coloring in sun versus shade
- Low maintenance, requiring little fertilizer
- Great thrillers or fillers in containers
- Plants can fit most spaces with strategic pinching
- Who says you need flowers for summer color?
- Overwinter indoors as a houseplant
- Coleus combine with practically everything, trailing varieties are especially attractive in baskets and window boxes
- They make great houseplants too!
Coleus 'Stained Glass Copper'
My Coleus has dropped its leaves over night!
Coleus are very sensitive to cold, and will die if exposed to frost. Make sure to plant Coleus well after the danger of frost has passed.
Coleus can easily be rooted in water or with rooting hormone in soil. However many varieties are patented so propagation is prohibited.